Consider adding one of two preconference workshops to your conference registration. If you can’t make the full conference, you can still register for the preconference as a stand-alone session. Preconference workships are designed to be an interactive, intimate learning environment. To ensure you receive the most from these sessions, preconference registration is limited to the first 30 individuals. Secure your seat early.
- Add on one of these Preconference workshops to your full conference registration for just $100.
- Can't attend the full conference? Attend one of these Preconference workshops as a stand-alone session for just $175.
- Develop four new leadership tools in the medical practice to achieve desired outcomes.
- Discover the value of leading through change with interactive group learning.
- Apply a new leadership tool in your medical practice to create positive change.
Hold on to your seats as you take a fast paced ride through the payer contracting negotiation process for fee for service and value based agreements. Start off with information on payer funding arrangements pared with traditional reimbursement arrangements, typical value based arrangements, and up-and-coming bundled payments arrangements, all serving as the foundation of the session. We will do a brief overview of how to gather what you need to start your negotiations in a sound and methodical manner, discuss what to do if you get a notice from a payer that may be an amendment in disguise, how to initiate discussions with payers and overcome objections, what a reasonable “ask” is with regard to offers and counters as well as contract language modifications. And much more…
- Identify, analyze and manage the reimbursement arrangements that might be available to your practice
- Gather the agreements and data needed to methodically approach your payer contracting
- Evaluate offers and create counter-offers during the negotiations
- Understand, negotiate and/or manage the impact of contract language beyond the rate exhibit
- Founded HBN in 1999 - a firm that focuses solely on payer contracting and credentialing nationwide. HBN earned the distinction of being an MGMA national AdminiServe Partner for 9 years.
- Prior to HBN she was Sr VP of Business Development for US HealthWorks, heading up the acquisition process for 23 deals involving nearly 100 clinics in 7 states that included approximately $100 million in revenue. She renegotiated the payer contracts nationwide and achieved delegated credentialing with all payers.
- Earlier in her career she spent 6 years at Allmerica Financial where she was assigned to the project of starting Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS). She oversaw the contracting and credentialing of over 180,000 providers nationwide and headed up Allmerica’s product development for health plans in all 50 states.
- She spent 6 years at BCBS Massachusetts where she piloted a number of HMO products and was heavily involved in negotiating self-funded arrangements for employer, union and association health plans.
- Penny speaks regularly at MGMA national and state conferences, MGMA Financial Management and Payer Contracting specialty conferences, and for DecisionHealth and other local and national organizations. She has presented at numerous specialty board meetings for physicians, does webinars, and is called upon by industry news writers for articles and opinions on health plan and credentialing issues and trends.She is known for her practical, candid, methodical, “can do” attitude in tackling the challenges of contracting and credentialing.
- Most important though….Penny rolls up her sleeves, negotiating payer agreements and tackling credentialing challenges on a daily basis on behalf of practices nationwide, giving her insight and keeping her up to date on the trends and health care practices’ business issues that need to be understood, renegotiated and/or managed.
Pacific Northwest Conference Management reserves the right to change, modify or delete published sessions at any time for circumstances outside of our control.